Snow has fallen this week so I’m looking for belly warming foods and meals that remind me of the tropics or the beach. Here’s my Monday Menu for this week.
- Beef Stroganoff – One of our favorites and so versatile. Ground meat or beef strips, condensed soup, sour cream or Greek yogurt, whatever you have on hand.
- Pineapple Chicken – Sweet and zesty and great for the slow cooker. Pour over ginger or jasmine rice for extra flavor.
- East Coast Fish Cakes – Dip in tartar sauce or on their own, and add some steamed veggies or coleslaw on the side. An East Coast Recipe by well know chef Michael Smith can be found here.
- Turkey Burritos – Ground turkey, salsa, diced peppers, herbs and spices. Top with cheese and roll it up in a tortilla. I’m trying out jalapeno cheddar tortillas this week, making my own is on my to do list.
- Teriyaki Pork Kebabs – Add marinated or seasoned pork to skewers with cherry tomatoes, pineapple, zucchini, or peppers. BBQ or grill in the oven and a crunchy Asian salad would make a great side.
Come back every Monday for quick and healthy supper ideas. If you have a suggestion, please leave me a comment.